You know what I love? Mail. In the form of cardboard boxes. Addressed to me. Even if I buy something online and am fully aware the expected arrival date, getting mail makes me oh so happy! So imagine my pure glee when I came home yesterday to 4 boxes of goodies. All for me!
1. My first ever Stitch Fix. OMG y’all. This company is fantastic. I’m not super stylish, but now I have my very own personal stylist! And once a month, she sends me a package filled with super cute clothes and accessories suited to my taste in colors and styles. If I like it, I keep it. If I don’t, I mail it back. Easy as pie.
- Red Wrap Dress. Super cute but super clingy. Not exactly my style. Also, I can’t wear red!
- Mint and White Striped Cardigan. Love it! But don’t need it. I am the queen of cardigans. Which means it was so hard for me to pack this baby back up to send back.
- Green Open Back Blouse. Also awesome, but if I’m being practical, not quite work appropriate. And I’m trying to be practical lately… 😦
- Black Peasant Blouse. Perfection. I thought it would look not-quite-right, but Blair and I both agree that it’s very flattering. It’s a keeper! *You might see this in engagement pictures soon! 🙂
- Mint Bangles. Keep, keep, keep. I’m working slowly but surely on my accessory collection. These were a no-brainer!
2. Rock and Vine. Next Generation Changemakers in America’s Wine Country. Thanks so much to Talk-A-Vino for a really unique coffee table book. I’m excited to sit down and read it (after April 1… because the clock is ticking on this dissertation…).
3. My monthly Birchbox. Sort of like Stitch Fix, but you get to keep everything in the box! Each month you get a sampling of beauty products to try. If you love them, you can buy the full size products straight from their website. If you don’t love them, use them ’til they’re gone and move on to the next month.
Can you tell that I’m a lazy internet shopper yet? Well… I am. Hi, I’m Kim, and I have a problem…
4. Steve Madden Katchy Fawn Patent Flats. It’s that time of year. Out with the boots, in with the flats! 🙂 Totally forgot to take a picture of these, but they’re exactly what I wanted. And unlike most Steve Madden flats, they don’t seem to need broken in. Knock on wood.
5. Honorable Picture: Simple Naked Cabernet Sauvignon. Review coming soon. But you already know that I love it. Because how can I hate anything in a cupcake wine glass? I can’t.
Full disclosure here. I’m planning to take a short break from this blog. If you haven’t caught on yet, I’m still in grad school. And I can see the light! I’m hoping to have my dissertation complete and defended by April 1. Which is just a few short days away. So that needs my attention right now. Don’t worry – I had permission to come home and relax tonight after a day of stats. Tomorrow starts anew.
If you’d like to wish me luck, go for it. I’ll take all of the karma points and random internet love that I can get at this point.
Have you tried Stitch Fix or Birchbox yet?
Which clothing items would you choose from my Stitch Fix box?
Did you notice that the hanger say Mrs. Pritchard?!